- The Pedosphere.ca Soil Science textbook is organized differently than other textbooks because the content of each topic is organized by definitions, concepts and applications. Please master the definitions because it will enable you to communicate with professionals in a precise and concise manner.
- Use the online Pedosphere.ca Soil Science glossary regularly.
- Take time to learn concepts because these are the key building blocks for building competency. Ask your instructor or read more about a concept, if you do not understand it. Use proper Soil Science terminology for each concept because this is the best way to learn the material.
- The real world runs on applications. If your know definitions and concepts, you will be able to develop good solutions for diverse problems. Textbooks can only provide a few applications for each topic. Think about how you would you solve Soil Science problems at your work place or immediate surroundings.
- Log into the Testcenter.Pedosphere.Ca and create custom, practice tests. Do the tests often because this is an excellent method to see how well you know the material.
- In order to see how well you are performing on definitions, concepts and applications, click on the 'Further Analysis of Test that You've Done' link and you will see how you have performed in each category. Fix your weak points.
- You can access Soil Science tutorials after you login into the Pedosphere.ca Testcenter. Do tutorials after you have mastered a couple of chapters. This is another way to learn the course material.